The weather in the Chesapeake region offers an interesting mix. We may experience balmy days in the middle of January or a hard frost in April. Because winters are generally mild, it is the ideal climate for enjoying the outdoors all year long. Therefore, any time is the perfect time to enjoy a lovely evening at home under the stars. Whether surrounded by friends and family, or a romantic tryst for two, a fire pit is an excellent addition to a relaxing evening. It is a wonderful place to gather and engage in good conversation and escape from technology. But, why mess around with trying to start a fire, when with the click of your remote, you switch on your clean-burning energy efficient gas fire pit. We have some useful tips to enhance your outdoor living space with a custom designed gas fire pit.
Gas Vs. Wood
- Gas fire pits offer an ultimate no-hassle operation, can burn at full capacity in less than 5 seconds, plus be turned off whenever you want. Additionally, the flames are completely adjustable.
- You are almost limitless in the design choices. They are available in different heights and styles. And, they are fully customizable giving you a unique product.
- With gas fire pits, there are no sparks or hot embers to get caught in the wind. So, there is no mess involved. Plus, they are safer for your family and pets, and will not damage outdoor furniture.
- Gas fire pits are versatile and can act as a table when covered up and not in use.
- City and county regulations are different for gas fire pits. They may be used in city limits and next to houses where other fuel type fire pits may not be allowed.
Location, Location, Location
Mapping out your perfect yard takes thought and planning, especially when installing a custom designed gas fire pit. Consider the ultimate yard layout is a natural and seamless combination of nature, form, and function. You want to maximize your property, make it inviting, but also easy to maintain. Furthermore, if you have a small yard, gas fire pits may be able to be installed on your deck. Remember, though, before installing the fire pit, check your city and county regulations.
Set The Mood
To maximize the ambiance, the last element for consideration of your custom designed gas fire pit is seating. Create a cozy built-in area or a sunken U-shaped bench nestled around the designated fire area. Or perhaps locate the area near the pool and use chaise lounges. Whichever you choose, the result is a relaxing outdoor amenity you will want to use all year long!
Start Making Memories
Wondering why you need a custom designed gas fire pit? Because it’s not your average fire pit! Create the ideal cozy outdoor area, whether in your back or front yard, on your deck, or by your pool. Contact the experts at Day or Night Home and Hearth. Together we can build the perfect fire pit, and you can create the perfect memories to last a lifetime! Let’s get started today and depending upon your design, in about a week’s time, you could be out enjoying your custom creation!
We are fortunate here in the Delmarva area in that the weather allows us to enjoy being out in our yards virtually all year long. Therefore, any time is the perfect time for outdoor entertaining. And, if you enjoy cooking for your friends and family, you should consider taking it to the next level with a custom-designed outdoor kitchen.
Today’s outdoor kitchen and grill islands do not require as much demolition and construction of those in the past. Configuring, ordering, and having your kitchen or grill island installed is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Select and configure your features and options.
- Buy an in-stock grill or order your new grill to be delivered within two weeks.
- Have Day or Night easily and seamlessly install your new outdoor kitchen and enjoy.
Here are some great reasons to create a custom-designed outdoor kitchen this season.
- Adds Value to Your Home: Increase your home’s overall worth, investing in a custom-designed outdoor kitchen improves your real estate value.
- Adds room space: Many people enjoy hanging out around the grill. And, an outdoor kitchen allows for an extra gathering area with seats, a place to serve beverages and food Add a covered pergola, and you can use it year round regardless of the weather!
- Wow Your Guests: Impress your friends and family, provide them the ultimate in comfort plus a delicious meal for everyone!
- Makes Outdoor Cooking Easier: What could be more convenient than having everything you need right at your fingertips?
- Increase Your Living Space: An outdoor kitchen and sitting area will offer more room for your friends and family, and expand your living and entertaining abilities.
- Makes Memories That Last a Lifetime: Do you remember how much fun you had at backyard cookouts growing up? Now you can make your new memories that last a lifetime!
- Healthy Cooking: Grilling and smoking meats and vegetables provide healthy and tasty meals for your family and guests.
How to Create Your Perfect Design
When starting your custom-designed outdoor kitchen, it can seem overwhelming. First, begin by making a list of must-have components. For example, things such as a pizza oven, a smoker, a sink, gas cooktop, dining space, bar, or even a countertop fire pit.
Hire an Expert
Allow an expert contractor like Day or Night to assist you in every stage, from conception to completion. First, our team will work with you to create your ideal design. Then, we help you figure out the best location in your yard for optimal placement. Finally, we configure an outdoor kitchen that features all the components you desire most. Our staff can work within your budget to design the best options for your new outdoor kitchen. We provide CAD drawings, 3D, and 2D drawings, so you know exactly how it will look when complete!
Contact the experts at Day or Night Hearth and Home. Together we can install the perfect custom-designed outdoor kitchen so that you can create the perfect memories to last a lifetime! We offer Big Green Eggs, Green Mountain, and Memphis Pellet Smokers as well as the Black Olive brand. Furthermore, our in-stock grill islands can be installed in about a week. And, any non-stock items can be received within two weeks. Let’s get started today!
Did you know that studies have shown that spending time outdoors has health benefits? All across the country, people understand the value of spending time outside. Create an oasis right in your backyard! Enjoy the great outdoors by simply bringing all the comforts of your home to your patio, deck, or yard. What’s more, having an outdoor living space makes your home feel bigger without significant construction and increases your home’s value. Wondering how to create a perfect outdoor living space? We have some great tips on how to incorporate things like furniture, appliances, grills, lighting and other components all designed for alfresco entertaining and relaxing.
Today’s outdoor furniture is much more durable and resistant to the elements than in the past. Choose from deep-seated wicker, wood, or metal styles with comfy cushions made of sun-resistant fabrics. People are also getting creative with hanging style chairs, benches, and swings. Explore the wide variety of modern updates on the classic hammock. There is also a trend toward plush conversational furniture sets, like sectionals and sofas. Don’t forget to add accessories like rugs, pillows, throws, and lanterns to round out that living-room feel.
Location is Everything
As the old saying goes, “Location, location, location.” That adage could not be more accurate than when staging the perfect outdoor living space. Most experts agree the ideal spot is closer to the house, right outside the back door. Therefore food and beverages do not have to travel that far, and there is easy access to the bathroom. It also maximizes fluidity between the indoor and outdoor spaces. However, that does not discount the benefit of a secluded pavilion as a relaxing retreat.
What good is comfy seating if it is in the middle of the mid-day blazing sun? It is hard to enjoy entertaining and relaxing outside with extreme temps. Consider a retractable awning or large umbrella. That way, you will benefit from daytime sun protection, but also be able to enjoy the nighttime starry sky. This coverage also doubles as protection from a light passing shower.
Get Cozy by the Fire
Add homey touches like a fireplace, a fire pit or bowl, or a fire table. These components add a cozy atmosphere all year long, thus serve to enhance the outdoor living experience further. Create memorable evenings spending time laughing and reminiscing with family and friends over a crackling fire.
Choose from wood burning, propane, or natural gas-fueled fire pits and tables. You might never want to head back inside!
An essential element to the perfect outdoor living space is a great kitchen/grill/bar set up. Choose from the many pre-fabricated kits to quickly set up your kitchen area in a matter of days. Consider adding equipment such as a grill, burners, refrigerator, and a bar. Install electrical outlets or run power from inside and you will be grilling and mixing margaritas all season long!
Light it Up
Quality outdoor lighting is a must for enjoying evenings outside. There is a delicate balance between having it too bright or too dim. Aim for that ideal glowing cozy atmosphere. Use decorative LED string lights or hanging lanterns or strategically placed up-lighting.
Nice and Breezy
If you are creating your space under a deck or covered patio this set up may restrict the breeze. Consider installing an outdoor fan on the ceiling or railing. It promotes airflow and can help control insects.
Are you looking to create a perfect outdoor living space? Contact Day or Night Hearth and Home. We can help you design the ideal set up including firepits, grills, and fireplaces . Choose from our extensive catalog of products. The best part? Never worry about installation or construction delays. We can install your pre-fabricated kit components in less than a couple of weeks! Schedule your consultation today.